Through a job how to get US green card?



Through a job or offer of employment many people become permanent residents. From the U.S. Department of Labor some categories require a certification. This is to show that there are not enough U.S. workers who are able, willing, qualified, and available in the geographic area where the immigrant is to be employed. And also to show that no American workers are displaced by foreign workers. In other cases, highly skilled workers, those with extraordinary ability in certain professions, and investors/entrepreneurs are given priority to immigrate through several immigrant categories. In all cases, the process involves several steps.

Based on a job offer or employment following are the main ways to get immigrant visa:

Green Card Through a Job Offer: Based on an offer of permanent employment in the United States you may be eligible to become a permanent resident. An employer needs to get a labor certification and then file a Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker in most categories for you.

Green Card Through Investment
To investors/entrepreneurs who are making an investment in an enterprise that creates new U.S. jobs green cards may be available.

Green Card Through Self Petition
Through “self-petition” some immigrant categories allow you to file for yourself. For either “Aliens of Extraordinary Ability” or certain individuals granted a National Interest Waiver this option is available.

Green Card Through Special Categories of Jobs
To get a green card based on a past or current job there are a number of specialized jobs that may allow you. Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant is required for all of these.

  •     Afghan/Iraqi Translator
  •     Broadcaster
  •     International Organization Employee
  •     Iraqi Who Assisted the U.S. Government
  •     NATO-6 Non-immigrant
  •     Panama Canal Employee
  •     Physician National Interest Waiver
  •     Religious Worker
Depending on your category in some cases, you may be able to file either a Form I-140 or I-360, the immigrant petition at the same time that you file Form I-485, known as “concurrent filing.”

The immigrant petition will be sent to the U.S. consulate abroad to complete the visa process if you are not eligible to adjust your status inside the United States to a permanent resident. There must be a visa immediately available to you in order to apply for a green card.

Leave a comment

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: