Looking for help about Form I-102 to replace lost arrival document?




To request USCIS for a new or replacement of a non immigrant arrival or departure document Form I-102 should be used if the initially received Form I-94 or I-95 is damaged, stolen, lost or with incorrect information. You should not file Form I-102 if U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) issued the Form I-94, I-94W, or I-95 with misspelled name, visa classification, incorrect date of birth or date of admission. In this case you will need to go in person to the nearest CBP port of entry (POE) or the nearest CBP deferred inspection office (DIO) and get the information corrected.

When to file Form I-102?

To United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) as a nonimmigrant visitor to US you should file immigration Form I-102 for replacement or a new Non immigrant Arrival-Departure record, Form I-94, Non immigrant Visa Waiver Arrival–Departure record Form I-94W or Crewman Landing permit Form I-95.

Identifying reason to file Form I-102

It’s important to find out which category you belong to since in order to prove the eligibility for filing you require to submit evidence for the same.

Following are possible reasons to file Form I-102:

  1. For replacement of lost, stolen or mutilated Form I-94, I-94W or I-95.
  2. When you entered US as a nonimmigrant if you were not issued initially a Form I-94 and now you may require it to change status or extend stay.
  3. On entering US as a nonimmigrant or refugee if you receive I-94, I-94W or I-95 with incorrect information, you can file this form to get a corrected form.
  4. Originally when you were admitted to US in case you were not issued initial Form I-94 if you had military membership in any one of the following :
  • Member in US armed forces as a nonimmigrant.
  • Member of North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) armed forces or civilian component as a nonimmigrant.
  • Member of the Partnership for Peace military program under SOFA, Status of Forces Agreement.

Filing process and details

After information like applicant’s family name, address, alien registration A-number, US social security number (if you have one else leave blank) etc are filled in the Form I-102 including appropriate reason for applying and signing it you need to file the form with evidence.

For replacement of Non immigrant Arrival-Departure record, Non immigrant Visa Waiver Arrival–Departure record or Crewman Landing permit, copy of original needs to be submitted along or copy of passport’s biographic page is required else copy of other evidences for your admission to US. If card was stolen you need to submit a copy of police report for the theft. If no evidence is there an explanation is required instead and also a copy of your present identity or status should be attached. If cards were damaged, original card should be attached and sent along. If you have any military membership proof for the same needs to be attached. To correct any information, proof as evidence for the correct information needs to be attached.

Based on where applicant is located Form I-102 needs to be mailed either to the Dallas or Phoenix Lockbox facility. Complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance and clip it to the first page of your application if you want to receive an e-mail and/or a text message that your Form I-102 has been accepted at a USCIS Lockbox facility.

Filing fee is $330 which can be paid as check or money order payable to US Department of Homeland Security. Decision on application will be sent in writing and if application is accepted applicant will be issued a new Form I-94 or I-95. If the errors on document were made by USCIS, through no fault of yours, you need not pay a fee to request a correction to your Form I-94, I-95 or I-94W.

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: